Monday, August 13, 2012

Fall Scrapbooking

This morning I got up extra early go to for a walk around the neighborhood with some friends.  Now, I wish I could say that it was a cool morning (I'm so ready for fall!) but I guess walking at 82 degrees is better than 102 (which is supposed to be the high temperature today).

Well, the way I balance the heat outside is by scrapbooking and making cards inside that remind me of the cooler fall temperatures!


At convention, one of the presenters showed us a fun technique for making the leaves (the one in the center below).  First, I cut the leaves from Very Vanilla card stock using the new Autumn Accents Bigz Die (127812) and the Big Shot.  Then I stamped the image in More Mustard from the Wonderfall stamp set on the leaf (the trick here is to have your inked stamp laying flat on the table, face up and then place the cut out to the stamp and rub gently with your fingers). Next, I used a dauber to apply Cherry Cobbler ink around the edges.  The last step is to crumple up the leaf, unfold and then using the Cajun Craze ink pad, lightly rub and tap the ink pad on top of the leaf.


I also used the amazing Champagne Glimmer paper (127885) for some of the other leaves.  Love the sparkle it gives!  We also used the Woodgrain Embossing folder (127821) on each of the pieces and then rubbed Cajun Craze over the top.




Happy stamping and creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment