Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quick Cards using the Oh Hello Stamp Set

This past weekend I was in desperate need of some thank you cards.  Of course I thought I had plenty on hand, but when I went to check my stash, I was completely out!  Well, I also didn't have a lot of time to create something fancy with a lot of bling, so here's what I came up with:


This card went so quickly and I ended up making about 20 of them in one sitting!  How did I do it?  I had an assembly line going:
  • First, I cut my card base to 8.5" X 5.5".
  • I then began to stamp on white card stock - 20 oval shapes from Oh Hello stamp set stamped in Pool Party and then 20 banners from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set stamped in Soft Suede
  • I ran this paper through my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and cut both shapes out at the same time:  the oval shape using the Ovals Collection of Framelits and the banner shape from the Hearts a Flutter Framelits
  • I then tied a knot in the ribbon, cut it off the spool and then tied another until I had 20 done.
  • The last part of the assembly line was to just adhere everything together.  I used Stampin' Dimensionals behind the images and a glue dot under the ribbon.
  • That's it! 



I even had time to create a video tutorial for this card:


No comments:

Post a Comment