Friday, April 12, 2013

Heat Embossing - Swallowtail Butterfly Cards

When I get on a roll trying something new or playing with a new stamp set, I can sometimes get a little carried away.  Well, I've gotten on a roll with embossing using the Swallowtail stamp.  Have you seen this stamp in person?  It's beautiful!

The first couple cards, I stamped the butterfly with Versamark ink and then embossed with the Early Espresso embossing powder.  With all the butterflies, I also used a dauber to wipe on Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  I love the sparkly and shimmery effect!







For the card below, I used the Versamark ink pad again but this time embossed the butterfly with gold embossing powder.  Which one do you like better?



There are so many possibilities with this Swallowtail butterfly stamp and embossing powders!  I know there are several other techniques that I'm going to try and will share them again with you!

Do you have a favorite stamp or embossing powder that you like to use?  Share your ideas!  Who knows - I may just give it a try and share it on an upcoming blog!

Happy Stamping and embossing!

No comments:

Post a Comment