Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Christmas Cards - in July?

My friends might think I'm crazy but I've already begun my Christmas cards for this year!  How about you?  Do you like to start early or do you wait until the last minute?  I like to make a little each month and by the time Christmas rolls around, I'm ready to go.

Now, what usually ends up happening, though, is I make a lot of different styles of Christmas cards.  I generally get tired of making tons of the same one so I mix it up a bit.  The only hard part is when someone says, "I really love your Christmas card.", I don't have a clue which one I sent them.  Oh well!  That's part of the fun!


Here are a variety of cute, simple Christmas cards that can be easily changed depending on the designer paper you have.


Stamps:  Snowflake Soirre (it's one of 5 Christmas stamp sets that are still available for purchase;  more sets will be coming with the Holiday catalog)
Ink:  Old Olive, Marina Mist, Real Red
Paper:  Whisper White card stock
Accessories:  Holiday Ornament Framelits, coordinating ribbon, Score Tool 

To make Marina  Mist ribbon, you'll need to die the White stitched ribbon using ink and a water spritzer.  You can see how to dye ribbon in this video I created for another card. 






This month (July) also kicks off my monthly Christmas card classes.  If you live in the Dallas / Fort Worth area and would like to attend, you can get all the details on my online class calendar.  Each month from now through December, we'll be creating 12 cards - that's a total of 72 cards!  That's a great way to get a jump on Christmas cards.

Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment