Monday, August 5, 2013

Stamping and Paper Crafting Questions Answered Here

Have you ever had a stamping or paper crafting question but wasn't sure who to ask?  I'm happy to answer your questions for you!  More than likely, there are others who just might have the same question, so what better way to answer them than in a blog post.  Email me your questions to: christi@stampintx.com.

To start us off, my friend and fellow stamper, Melissa, emailed me this question:  "How do you choose color combinations?  Please give examples that do not involve the Color Coach."


Although the Color Coach is a handy little tool for different color combinations, it's not the only place you can look!
 
The first place I look are the colors used in the designer series papers.  If there's a particular designer series paper I just love (which is pretty much all of them), then I pull all the card stock colors used in that particular paper and go from there.

 
For example, I keep finding myself using the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper over and over, so the other day I pulled the coordinating colors - Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Pear Pizazz and Whisper White.  Talk about wonderful coordinating colors!  Sometimes I may just use two colors, sometimes I use more.  Either way, I know they look great together!

The other place I look is in the catalog since the background colors used (where the samples are located) now have color combinations.  One in particular I was looking at is on page 67 (Sahara Sand, Crisp Cantaloupe, Summer Starfruit).  Interesting combination and one that I wouldn't have put together myself and it looks great!


Did you know you can view the catalog online in a Flipbook format?  Check out all the different background color combinations.  If you'd like a copy of the catalog, be sure to email me and I'll send you one!

I look forward to answering more questions, so keep 'em coming!  Thanks again Melissa for yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment