Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Another Get Well Card Idea

Well, I'm on a roll!  This past weekend I made a get well card for Shelli (see the post here) and I realized just how few get well cards I have on hand.  So, I thought I'd make another!  Now the question is:  which one should I send to Shelli?



  • I usually don't put this many layers on a card, but I was inspired by a card I saw on another blog and just had to give it a try.  (It took me awhile to make this card and I quickly remembered why I don't put that many layers on a card - it takes too long.)
  • I love these colors together - Pistachio Pudding, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake. The Pistachio can easily be switched out for any color and you'd have an entirely different look and feel of this card.


  • Another thing I don't normally do is cut out images.  If the image doesn't have a coordinating punch or Framelit, I'll usually stamp it straight onto the card stock.  My stamping ladies don't like it when I have them cut things out.  I usually hear "Isn't there a punch for that?" or "Isn't there a Framelit?"  However, the image from Everything Eleanor (which I really like) only worked when I cut it out.  Don't worry stamping friends - we won't be making this card in class any time soon.  :)

Stamps:  Everything Eleanor, Teeny Tiny Wishes (a MUST have for any stamper!)
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede card stock, Crumb Cake card stock, Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits (for the small Crumb Cake cut out beneath the sentiment), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder, In Color Boutique Details

I hope you have enjoyed today's inspiration!  Even though this card may take a little longer to put together, it was worth it!  Don't you think?  I know whomever I give this to will really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment