Thursday, September 26, 2013

How Stampin' Up! Ink Pads Are Made

I never would have guessed how the Stampin' Up! ink pads are created and put together!  (And I bet once you read this, you'll be just as surprised as I was.)  This was part of the Kanab factory tour that I went on this past week during the Founder's Circle retreat.  And just like how stamp sets are made, the ink pads are also put together by people (and not just machines).  I've got a whole new perspective when I use my stamps and ink pads now.  When I think of a factory, I generally think of lots of machines and a few people.  This process of making ink pads is all about lots of great people utilizing machines to help them get the work done!

So, the next time you order a stamp set or ink pad, just think!  An actual person took the time to put that together for you!  Awesome!

The first step in making the ink pad is to get a gigantic mixing bowl!  Add in 100 firm foam pads, the ink color and mix!  Isn't that a hoot?





The scale that they use in the process knows exactly how many foam pads are in the bowl and then it also tells them how much ink to pour in.




Labels are put on the outside of the plastic case.


While the ink pads are mixing, others are working to attach the top lid of the ink pad to the bottom lid as well as add adhesive so the pad sticks to one side.



Is that fun or what?  Even though there are machines to help, it still takes people to make it happen!  It was an amazing process to watch how the Stampin' Up! ink pads are created.

Check out all the ink pads on my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment