Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Stampin' Up! Spiral Flower Die

I love my Big Shot and use it all the time for embossing and cutting.  My class guests will attest to the fact that I can't seem to create a project without using it.  The Big shot goes everywhere with me.  I guess if I had to pick one product from my stamp room that is a must, it would be my Big Shot.

Well, when I saw this Spiral Flower die in the Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog, I should have known to purchase it.  But, I didn't and now after seeing all the amazing projects made with it at Leadership, I'm kicking myself.  Do you ever do that?

I guess there's just something about seeing it in person that makes all the difference.  So, guess what's being added to my wish list?  Check it out for yourself!


Once you cut out the spiral shape, simply start rolling the paper from the small end around a pencil (or something similar).  You'll finish at the center of the flower and the last little piece in the center actually covers the bottom of the flower (it kind of folds under).  Add a little hot glue at the bottom to hold it all together.  If you want a "fuller" flower, you can actually put 2 or 3 of them together and keep rolling as tight as you'd like.


It takes a little bit of playing with it to get the size and fullness you'd like.  I think the results are stunning!  What do you think?


Wouldn't that be a beautiful Valentine's decorations?  I could see this as a centerpiece on a wreath!


What's really clever is how the roses are held together.  Simply cut out the largest heart from the Hearts Collection of Framelits (it's the only scalloped one) and then cut out the next size heart from inside.  Attach all the rosettes on the heart "form" using hot glue.  It might be best to use a strong base like chipboard (instead of card stock).


Sweet little treats for Valentine's day!


So, what do you think of the Spiral Flower die?  Is it now on your wish list?  You won't be disappointed with this one!

Shop for these and all your stamping supplies 24/7 through my Online Store
  
Just a reminder:  some Valentine's products are only available through January 27th.  Be sure to take advantage of these while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment