Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Quick Cards Using Tape It and Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Sets

I don't know about you but I can never seem to keep enough thank you cards on hand.  (I guess that's a good thing because that means I'm sending them out, right?)  Well, one afternoon I decided it was time to pull out a few stamp sets and stamp a stack of  thank you's to replenish my stash.

I chose the Tape It stamp set and the Gorgeous Grunge set because I thought these sets would make quick and simple backgrounds.  I was amazed at how fast it all went!  So, if you're looking for quick thank you card ideas, you've come to the right place!


Helpful Tip:  Whenever I'm choosing the colors I'd like for a card, I always look at the colors used in my favorite designer papers.  Stampin' Up! has put together some amazing color combinations in the paper and I just get my color combos from that!  (They've already done the work for you!)  Can you figure out which paper I used for this color combination?  See item 132993 here and see if your guess is correct!




Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Starburst Sayings
Paper:  Whisper White, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango
Ink:  So Saffron, Coastal Cabana, Tangerine Tango,
Accessories:  Starburst Sayings Framelits, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, White Baker's Twine




I love the look of Washi Tape on a card but I also like the fact that the Tape It stamp set can be used over and over again without running out and if you change the ink color, you change the entire look of the card!  Talk about versatile! 




Stamps:  Tape It, Starburst Sayings, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper:  Whisper White, Coastal Cabana
Ink:  So Saffron, Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Starburst Framelits Dies, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, White Baker's Twine



When it was all said and done, I think I was able to stamp 16 cards in just a few hours!  It was quite the assembly line for sure.  The card would go even faster if you chose a sentiment that could be stamped and then punched out (instead of using the Big Shot and the Starburst Framelits).  Just a thought!

Do you have some cards you wish you had more of?  Set aside some time and get stamping!  Grab a few friends and you can really get a bunch done!  With the Tape It and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets, you can make lots of great designs and backgrounds in no time!

Where do you find inspiration for your color combinations? 
Leave your comments below!
Happy Stamping!

Shop for these and all your stamping supplies 24/7 through my Online Store.


No comments:

Post a Comment