Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Christi's Classroom - Masking Tutorial

I thoroughly enjoy learning new stamping techniques.  Do you?  I think that's one of the things that keeps me looking and searching through the internet, to find fresh ideas and techniques that help spark creativity.  There's an excitement about learning something new and sharing that excitement with others only multiplies the excitement!  That's why I've come up with a new kind of blog post - Christi's Classroom.

Here in my "classroom", you'll learn all sorts of fun techniques and project ideas.  Feel free to come back each week for another "lesson" in FUN and EXCITEMENT!  I've often told people that I know why Stampin' Up! is such a good fit for me - it combines my love of teaching (I taught school for 6 years) with my love of crafting.  What better way to live my passion than to share and teach the love of crafting with others!

I hope you enjoy the first "lesson" in Christi's Classroom!


Using a Mask

No, it's not a Halloween mask.  A "mask" in the stamping sense is a way to mark off only a specific section of your paper so you can apply whatever technique to that section.  There are many ways to create a mask but, for me, the easiest way I've found is by using Sticky Notes.  See what I mean in the video tutorial below.







Ok student stampers!  Are you ready to gather your supplies and give masking a try?  I've listed the main products used in today's class tutorial below. 

Supplies:
Did you know you can receive the Bloom with Hope hostess only stamp set for FREE?  When you place your order of $150 or more, you'll receive $25 in hostess dollars and that means FREE product for you!  That means you can choose Bloom with Hope using your hostess dollars! 

Purchase all your stamping supplies today quickly and easily through my Online Store.
You can also click an icon below to be taken to my Online Store, as well.  Easy Peasy!


For Homework (this is probably the most FUN "homework" you'll ever have!):
I'd love to see what you create!  Would you be willing to share your design(s) with the class?  If so, email me a picture of your creation so we can share it with the rest of the students (beckc@rocketmail.com).   Your card (and student name) will be posted on the "wall" (aka my blog) of the classroom for all to see and admire!

I hope you've enjoyed today's classroom time and I look forward to our next classroom time together!  Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment