Tuesday, March 24, 2015

New Friendships Can Take You to New Places

When I met Genevieve a couple years ago at a Stampin' Up! event, I never would have dreamed that she and I would become such great friends!  And, if you would have told me that our families would also become friends, I'm not sure I would have believed that either!  But it's true!  Not only have she and I become fast  friends, our families have been on trips together (thanks to Stampin' Up!) and earlier this month, my daughter and I had the amazing experience to fly to Toronto to stay with Genevieve and her family!



Now, keep in mind that I'm a Texas girl!  I like the warm (I guess, "hot" is a better word) weather of Texas.  So, when we stepped off the plane in Toronto, I felt the bitter cold cut right through me!  Yikes!!  Luckily, Genevieve was prepared with all the heavy winter gear - coats, gloves, hats, scarves, etc.  I'm not used to all that stuff!

The girls are getting ready to play in the snow!


When they were too cold from being outside, the girls enjoyed crafting together in the living room. 


And, of course, while the girls were crafting and painting, Genevieve and I were stamping in her stamp room!  Here's a card that Genevieve made that I enjoyed copying.  Too cute!


After the crafting and stamping, it was time for sightseeing and checking out Toronto's downtown.  We toured the CN Tower and the Ripley's Aquarium.  Both were amazing!!






Inside looking down over the city:


Now, to the Aquarium!


The entire downstairs part of the building was a "walk through" aquarium with sharks, fish and all sorts of other sea creatures swimming all around us! 


We could have spent even more time at the aquarium.  There was just SO much to see and do!


Another highlight of the trip was getting to travel to Niagara Falls!  I had never seen the falls before and it was stunning!  What a magnificent creation of God!  (This picture was the view from our hotel room!!)



Simply stunning!  (And, of course, COLD!)




What an amazing trip!  These are just a few of the highlights from this memorable time in Toronto with Genevieve and her family! 


And, to think it all started with simply meeting at a Stampin' Up! event.  I know I've said it before about stamping provides the opportunity for friendships to start (and grow) and it's SO true!  I can't even begin to tell you how many amazing friends I've made through stamping and crafting together!  Genevieve and her family are friends for life!  God had orchestrated our meeting and now our family's friendship!

I'm already starting to plan for when they come to Texas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment