As October begins, I'm already looking forward to the next few months of making cards for some of my favorite holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas.
To kick off the fall holiday card making season, we'll be making the following cards this month during my monthly stamp classes.
One of my all-time favorite verses is from 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". So, when I saw the sentiment "In everything give thanks" from the Suite Sayings stamp set, I just knew I had to have it!
Tips for the Give Thanks card:
- Emboss first. I used the Pretty Paisleys Textured Embossing Folder and then I stamped the sentiment using Rich Razzleberry ink.
- I used Very Vanilla card stock and Rich Razzleberry card stock.
- The scarecrow is from the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set (adorable!). If you purchase the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set with the coordinating Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, you will save 10%!
Thankful Grateful Blessed
So simple and yet so sweet!
Tips for Thankful Grateful Blessed:
- The Paisleys and Posies stamp set is so versatile - for fall or any occasion!
- I used Rich Razzleberry, Delightful Dijon and Mint Macaron classic ink.
- The three ribbons used are sold in a Ribbon Trio Pack.
When my friend Sharon created this card at our last stamping retreat, I just knew we had to make this card in class. I love it when all the stamps I use on a card are included in one stamp set (not from multiple stamp sets - although I do that sometimes, too). All stamps used are from the Christmas Pines stamp set.
Tips for Noel card:
- The base is Real Red card stock and I stamped on Whisper White.
- Classic ink colors used: Smoky Slate, Garden Green, Soft Suede, Black Memento Ink.
Are you as excited about the upcoming holidays as I am? I hope you'll make plans to join me at one of my monthly stamp classes and you'll be able to stamp these cards and be inspired by SO many more (my entire entry way wall is covered with card samples).