Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Decor - Wreath

I resisted making this beautiful wreath when my friend and fellow demonstrator, Cindy, showed it to me.  It looked way too time consuming (and you know I'm a quick and simple kind of crafter).  Well, Cindy kept assuring me that it will 'go much faster than you think'.  So, I decided to give it a try and I'm sure glad I did!  It really does go much faster than you think it will!

Are you ready to give it a try?  Here's what you'll need for the wreath:

  • Wire Wreath Form (I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby for about $2.47 and that's without the coupon! Score!!)
  • Clothespins (I purchased mine from Wal-Mart.  I used about 61 clothespins for this wreath.)
  • Designer Paper (I used the Snow Festival Designer Paper for this one.  Any designer paper will work.  I can't wait to make a Valentine's one, too!)
  • Liquid Tombow Glue

First, place the wreath form flat on the table. (The form's "hump" should be on the top.)  Begin clipping the clothespins to the wreath as shown below:  The clothespins actually have two "holes" and the wire fits perfectly inside each.  If the clothespins move or flop, you need to flip the form over.


Second, cut your designer paper into strips to fit on the clothespins.  I cut mine to 3/8" X 2 7/8".  It might also help to figure out which paper you want on which clothespin and as you cut, keep the different designs in separate piles.  I decided on 5 different patterns for this wreath - owl paper, green stars, ornaments, snowflake and Cherry Cobbler.  Simply glue the strips onto the clothespins using the Tombow liquid glue.





That's it!  Once you've glued the strips of paper on the clothespins, you're pretty much done!  You can add any kind of ornament or decoration onto the front.  Be creative!  I chose to make the ornament that is on the front of the Holiday Catalog. The ornament isn't hard but it is time consuming.  There are lots of different videos and tutorials on Youtube on how to make the ornament, if you're interested.  I decided not to do my own video on this ornament since there are so many out there already.

Now, I'm off to work on more Christmas decor items!  "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Happy Stamping & Creating!







No comments:

Post a Comment