Monday, January 28, 2013

How to Water Color Images for Cards

Have you done any water coloring on a card before?  It's been awhile for me but on this past Friday's blog post I gave several suggestions on how to water color.  Now, I'm no expert by any means when it comes to water coloring but I can tell you that if I can do it, so can you!  It just takes some time to sit down and play!

That's exactly what I did this weekend.  I brushed off my blender pens, aqua painters and paint brushes and decided it was time to water color again!

There are several great stamp sets in the Spring catalog that work well for water coloring.  These are called line art stamp sets because it's just that - the outline of the image.  It's up to you to add the color.  Here's what I came up with using the Secret Garden stamp set from the Spring Catalog.  What do you think?


I thought it turned out pretty well for not having water colored in awhile.


I think I also chose this stamp set because it has the matching Framelits (I'm a sucker for stamp sets that have coordinating Framelits dies - so easy to cut out!).

Three Videos to Help You Get Started with Water Coloring:

Basics with Blender Pens




Basics with Aqua Painters




Basics with Paint Brushes and Water


Happy Stamping and Water Coloring!


2 comments:

  1. Your watercoloring turned out WAY better than mine. I'm thinking my blender pen may be too old and not "blendy" enough. My card will post on Friday, but I used the same image again with Copics because I was kind of embarrassed by my watercoloring attempt. I'll have to watch your tutorials to see if I can improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! Did you use water color paper? I found that it works so much better than card stock but it is possible that your blender pen is drying out. I had a few old ones that I had to toss because it was dried out.

      Delete