Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Taking Quality Pictures of Your Craft Projects

Do you have cards or other projects that you're trying to get a quality photo of and just can't seem to get it right?  Do your photos not show the projects true colors and dimensions?

Take a quality photo can be a little frustrating at first, but with a few tips, you can do it! (And, trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!)

I began blogging a little over a year ago and those first pictures I took were, well, let's just say they weren't pretty.  They worked for the time being but I knew I had to figure out how to get quality photos for my blog.  I am not an expert in this area but hopefully some of tips I've learned can help you, too!

I recently read this article on Splitcoaststampers and thought the ideas were amazing!  It was the reason I wanted to blog about it.

Here are a few tips from me based on my experience:

  • Lighting
    Natural lighting is best.  I use natural light as much as possible but it always seems like I'm taking pictures at night when the family is asleep.  So, I purchased a light box from Amazon.  This was a life-saver!  I have it set up all the time and whenever I need a picture, I don't have to worry about what time of day it is.
  • Camera
    You don't have to have an expensive camera to take pictures for blog posts or videos.  I do all my picture taking and video shooting with my iphone 5 and I like it because I can do it all myself!
  • Set Up
    The light box that I purchased really helped with the set up of my photos.  It even included different colors of backgrounds
  • Try All Sorts of Angles
    I try all sorts of angles and take lots of pictures!  They're not all going to be good but that gives me a lot of photo choices to put on my blog.  I even like to do up close pictures, especially when focused on a certain embellishment or element of the card I'm trying to highlight.

So, are you ready to start taking pictures of your projects too?  Have you been taking photos of your craft projects and have tips to share?  Please share them in the comments section.  I know I'm always looking for more ideas to try and I'm sure other readers would enjoy reading more tips, too!

Happy Stamping & Photo Taking!


No comments:

Post a Comment