Thursday, April 25, 2013

Stampin' Up! Baby Name Banner

I've just been dying to show pictures of the baby name banners I've been working on using various Stampin' Up!' supplies.  Now, these are supposed to be a surprise for two different friends of mine who are both having girls (and both baby showers are on the same day!).  I sure hope they don't see this!

(Maybe I'll just show you parts of each of the banner so if they do happen to see it, the other part will be a surprise!  Is that weird?)  I sure hope they like these!

Here's the first baby name banner:


 I used the Sunshine and Sprinkles (doesn't that just sound like a baby theme to you?) Designer Series Paper along with Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight card stock.  The ribbon is the 3/8" Striped Organdy Ribbon.


Here's the second baby banner:
(Keep in mind this is the second half of the banner.  I'll post the complete pictures after the shower.)


I embossed gray card stock using the Lacy Brocade embossing folder, adhered the card stock pieces to drink coasters and then cut around the edges.  I then used the White Craft Pad to go over the top of each to give it a "shadowy" effect.  The Pink ribbon and the Silver Glimmer Paper just set everything off nicely.

I created the rosette using the same Pink ribbon with the Jumbo Sticky Rounds.  Basically, I tied a knot in one end of the ribbon, stuck it to the center of the sticky round, then began twisting and sticking the ribbon down in circles until I completely covered the sticky round.  I was surprised at how quickly it went.

I sure hope they enjoy their baby name banners!  I have enjoyed making them!

If you have any questions or would like more information on how to create your own banners, please let me know by leaving me a comment or sending me an email!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment