Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Simply Pressed Clay - Simple Embellishments

Have you had a chance to get your hands on the new Simply Pressed Clay yet?  You are going to love it!  There's just something about the feel of this soft clay that I think is therapeutic.  Really!  This brings me back to playing with clay when I was a kid and I just love it!  And the fact that I can make embellishments for my projects, is a bonus for me!

I even got my daughter, Allison, in on the fun.  We sat down one afternoon and just played - mom and daughter time was wonderful!  (She's 9 now and I wonder how much longer she'll want to do things with her mom.  I hope for a very long time!)  We even got out the embossing powder, the heat tool, the Iridescent Ice glitter, re-inkers, and rhinestones.  You might be wondering how all of those supplies have anything to do with the clay. Well, let me show you!


  • How to Color the Clay
    Add a few drops of re-inker on the clay in a baggie and squish away until well blended.  Press gently into the clay mold (see tips and tricks in the video).
  • How to Add Sparkle with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
    Sprinkle the glitter into the mold before adding the clay.  When you pop out the clay, it will be nice and sparkly.
  • How to Emboss the Clay (silver flower in the video)
    You'll need something to hold the clay once it's dry.  I slid my paper piercing tool gently into the back of the embellishment just enough so it would hold it in place.  I then spritzed it with water, sprinkled silver embossing powder on it and then heat it with the heat tool.

So, are you ready to give the Simply Pressed Clay a try?  Once you do, you'll be hooked!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment