Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness with Cookies and Tag a Bag Gift Bags

Ever since I read the book The Art of Neighboring by Jay Pathak and Dave Runyon, I've had it on my heart and mind to do something (a random act of kindness of sorts) to meet the neighbors I did not know, as well as touch base with those I haven't talked to in awhile.  I didn't know what I was going to do until my Tag a Bag Gift Bags and the Tag a Bag Accessory kit came in the mail!

I decided to fill the bags with cookies and decorate the outside with tags and baker's twine from the kit.  I enlisted the help of my family with this project and tonight we put together 18 bags!  Our goal is to deliver the bags to the neighbors on our street over the next couple of days and we can't wait to see what happens! 


Even though we kept everything rather simple, I think they turned out super cute! 
 

Each of the kids had a job to do to help assemble the bags.  Allison stamped the "Something Just for You" sentiment from the  Label Something stamp set in Bermuda Bay.






 John and Matthew were in charge of punching out the sentiments with the Hexagon punch.


I was in charge of filling cello bags with the chocolate chip cookies (thought it would be best to put them in the cello bags first and then the Tag a Bags).  We had quite an assembly line going!


 I was really surprised at how inexpensive this little project was!  

Supplies Used:

StampsLabel Something (130598;  $13.95)


Tag a Bag Gift Bags (2 packages;  $3.95 each)

Tag a Bag Accessory Kit (130153;  $7.95)



What a fun evening!  I hope this is the first of many random acts of kindness for our family!  What kinds of random acts are you planning?  Stampin' Up! can help!  Shop my online store 24/7 and with so many different kits, one is just waiting to be turned into your random act of kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment