Monday, August 12, 2013

Simply Created Spooky Halloween Banner

Ready for some Halloween fun?  It's already time to start thinking about Halloween decorations and I just couldn't resist putting this banner kit together!
 

Helpful Tips and Tricks:
  • All the accessories I used on the banner come from the Halloween Accessories Kit (the ribbon, too!).
  • I used the included spritzer bottle to spritz on the Pumpkin Pie backgrounds.  I used a dauber and my ink pads to create the Summer Starfruit backgrounds (backgrounds on letters "p", "o", "k", "y").


  • I also used a dauber to sponge on the letters.  With the "S", I used my Basic Black ink refill.  I added a few drops in the lid of the ink pad and then picked up the color with the dauber.  I liked the intensity of the black letter but I did notice that the ink wanted to "bleed".  For the other letters, I switched to black Staz On and although the ink color didn't "bleed", it wasn't quite as intense as the basic black.  This is something you'll have to play with and figure out which way you prefer.
 

  • A hot glue gun works best for this project.
  • You need only 2 products to create your own Halloween banner!






Overall, I'm very pleased with the way the banner turned out!  What do you think?
I'm looking forward to creating the Christmas one, too!
 

Join the Conversation: 
Join me on my StampinTx Facebook page where you'll see even more fun project ideas as well as tips, techniques and funny quotes.  Please be sure to 'like' me!  (You can even like my Facebook page here on my blog.  Just look to the side bar on the right and click "like".  Easy peasy!)

Online Shopping:
Shop for these and all your stamping supplies 24/7 through my online store.  With my Frequent Stamper rewards, you can be earning FREE stamp sets!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment