Friday, December 20, 2013

Curly Paper Wreaths

Allison and I have been on a wreath-making kick this week!  Allison has been stamping and crafting with me for as long as I can remember and I'm thrilled that she loves to craft just as much as I do.

I still remember the first "stamping" job she had was to clean the stamps with the Stampin' Scrub.  She'd "wash" (scrub) them on the wet side and then "dry" them on the other side of the pad.  She thought that was great fun and I enjoyed the extra help cleaning.  Who knows where her crafty gift will take her!

(Keep reading for instructions on how to create your own wreath.)

Allison's first wreath:
She used the 2013 - 2015 In Color Designer Series Paper Stacks (Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana).


My wreath:
I used the Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper.




 Allison is working on a second wreath using the Soho Subway Designer Series Paper.




How to Create a Wreath

Supplies:  Styrofoam Wreath form (any size), straight pins, any Designer Series Papers (double sided papers from Stampin' Up! work the best)

  • Cut strips .5" X 12".  For a large wreath, you'll need anywhere from 6 to 8 sheets of 12" X 12" paper (my wreath is a large one and Allison's are a little smaller).  It also depends on how full you want to make your wreath.
  • Curl each strip of paper with a Bone Folder.  You'll curl it just like you curl ribbon with scissors.
  • Using the straight pins, start pinning on each curled strip of paper.
  • That's it!  Embellish as desired.
 A word of caution:  Once you start making these wreaths, you may not be able to stop!  They are quick and turn out so cute!!  Happy wreath-making!

No comments:

Post a Comment