Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit

I don't know about you but there's just something about the different kits that Stampin' Up! offers that I just love.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that everything coordinates, or that kits have a variety of products or if it's because in just a few minutes I have an adorable project complete!  I guess it's all three reasons!

The NEW Occasions Catalog has a wide variety of kits to choose from - kits for making garlands, cards, wreaths, scrapbooks and more!!

The kit I want to share with you today is the Burlap and Blooms Simply Created Wreath Kit.  When I saw the flowers on the wreath, I knew this was one project I just had to make!



With the easy step-by-step instructions, putting this fun wreath together was fairly quick. What do you think?  I'm pretty excited about how it turned out!



A few tips for when you create your own wreath:
  • Each of the circles in this kit is used to create flower flowers.  The circle have slits cut into them.  You'll overlap one side over the other (to create a slight "cone" shape).  Adhere with a glue dot (so much easier than liquid glue).  Don't make your "cones" too tight.
  • When creating the "puffy" flowers, you'll be folding one edge of the pre-cut strip to the other edge.  Don't crease the paper.  I creased the paper one mine and although it doesn't look bad, it isn't "puffy" (and I wanted puffy).  Oh well!  That's how you learn and that's why I'm sharing this tip with you.
  • Use hot glue to adhere the flowers to the wreath and for adding on the burlap piece to hang it from.


If you've never tried any of the Stampin' Up! kits, now's the time!  With so many great choices from the Holiday catalog, you'll be making and creating fun projects in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment