Friday, January 31, 2014

Do it Yourself - Picture Frame into a Beautiful Tray

I was going through some pictures on my computer the other day and realized I never shared my "do it yourself" picture frame to a serving tray project.  I had a lot of fun making this tray for my neighbors for Christmas!

Tips for Creating Your Own Tray:

  • Select the size picture frame you'd like.  For this one, I used a 11" X 14" natural wood frame.  If you have an old frame, you could easily paint it to the color you desire.

  •  Add metal handles with either a strong bonding agent (like E6000) or screw holes in the frame to attach the handles.  I had these left over handles from our kitchen project and thought they worked perfectly for the frame.



  • You could still add pictures and make it look like a scrapbook page.  It's a scrapbook page that becomes a home decor item!


Create your own picture frame tray and serve up some fun!
  • Give one as a housewarming gift
  • Serve cupcakes and goodies with it during a birthday party
  • Make a tray for the newlyweds
  • Use a small frame as a lotion or jewelry holder on a bathroom countertop
  • Easily switch out the paper for different holidays!
The possibilities are endless!
With a little creativity, a picture frame can be used for so much more than just photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment