Thursday, January 2, 2014

How to Create a Valentine's Curly Wreath

Do you love creating home decor items with paper and ribbon?  I sure do!  Recently, I've been on a wreath-making kick and I can't seem to stop!

Since Valentine's is around the corner, I thought I'd work on a wreath that I could put up now and leave up for awhile.  (I can't believe we're already taking Christmas decorations down.  That happened way to quickly.)


Tips for making your own wreath:
  • I used a smaller, circle wreath form I picked up at a craft store.  It takes about 6 sheets of 12 X 12 Designer Paper (give or take depending on how tight you put the curls together).
  • I cut each strip to 1/2" X 12" and curl each strip with a bone folder.  To curl the paper, simply run the bone folder along the length of each strip (just like you'd curl ribbon using scissors).
  • Pin on each strip with a straight pin.
Supplies:
Paper:  Modern Medley Designer Series Paper, Red Glimmer Paper, Very Vanilla card stock, Basic Black card stock
Accessories:  Styrofoam wreath form, straight pins, Bone Folder, Typeset Alphabet Bigz, 7/8" Cotton Ribbon



Here is another version of this wreath using the Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper.  I'm still working on a banner idea for this one.  Any suggestions?



Up close of the curls!


 I've even got my daughter making these wreaths!  I love that we can do crafts together!




So, what occasion would you make your wreath for?  Stampin' Up!'s double-sided Designer Papers work so well for this project!  I love that you can see both sides of the paper and it just adds so much dimension.

Purchase these and all your stamping supplies 24/7 through my Online Store.

Happy creating and crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment