Monday, February 10, 2014

DIY Valentine's Coupon Books for Kids

Unsure of what to give the kids for Valentine's day?  Every year as I'm walking up and down the Valentine candy aisle, I cringe a little because I know they don't need any more sweets.  They also don't need any more stuffed animals.  Do your kids have an over abundance of stuffed animals, too?  Somehow ours keep multiplying!

Well, after a little searching online I came across this adorable idea of a coupon book for the kids.  I've seen little coupon books like this before but I loved the fact that all the pdf files were ready to go!  I simply printed out the pages, cut it apart and put it all together!  If I can do it, you can, too!  (Thank you to Jenae at icanteachmychild.com for this adorable project idea!)



Supplies I used:
Paper:  Real Red card stock, Silver Glimmer Paper, Red Glimmer Paper, Basic Black card stock
Accessories:   Hearts Collection Framelits

PDF pages for the Inside pages 





  • When you cut the inside pages, be sure to leave the extra white space on the right-hand side of the coupons.
  • Cut piece of Real Red card stock to 3 1/4" X 11" (this creates the front cover).  Score at 6 1/8" to create the "fold" so the front cover will open easily.  Score again at 7 1/2" and 7 5/8".  These score marks create the "spine".  
  • Cut a second piece (this will create the back cover) to 3 1/4" X 5".  Overlap and adhere this piece to the front cover.  The overlap will be on the back of the book.
  • Punch holes in the left side of the book and add ribbon.


Coupons included:
  • Soda at dinner
  • A date just with Mom
  • A date just with Dad
  • Family Pizza Night
  • Family Movie Night
  • Ice Cream on the Town
  • Extra 10 minutes of screen time (this is a big one in our house!)
  • and more!
I hope you enjoy making something a little different and fun for the kids this Valentine's Day!  I know I'm looking forward to giving these adorable books to my kiddos (and for them to cash them in)!

No comments:

Post a Comment