Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Undefined Stamp Carving for Custom Stamps

Back in January during Leadership, I had the opportunity to make my own custom stamp using the Undefined carving tools and rubber.  I am so excited about this fun way to create any stamp image I can think of!  If you've ever needed a specific image or wanted to make custom words, this might be just for you!



(Keep in mind - my image is not quite finished.  I need to scrape away more of the rubber around the word and then I'm going to cut it out using an Exacto knife.)

Here's how I created my image:

  • I started by sketching the word "howdy" on a piece of 3" X 2 1/2" paper.  I rubbed rather hard to make the pencil lines dark.
  • I then took this piece of paper and placed it on the "blank" piece of rubber.  I rubbed the back of my paper so the image from the paper was somewhat "transferred" onto the rubber.
  • Next, I used the tools to remove the extra rubber from around the image.  There are two different size tools - one for fine details and one for the larger areas.
  • As you can see from the picture below, I still have some more scraping to do.  I'll probably also cut away the large rubber areas with either my craft scissors or an Exacto knife.  I was just so excited to see it taking shape that I couldn't wait to stamp it!






Stampin' Up! has even created a video tutorial so you can see this product line in action:




What do you think?  Ready to give it a try?

It's a whole new way to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment