Monday, April 7, 2014

A New Adventure in Arts and Crafts

As a homeschooling family, it seems we're always trying something new whether it be a new curriculum, a new craft or reading a new book, these experiences keep things fresh and fun.  This weekend was a time to try new craft mediums for myself and my daughter.

Allison was so excited to try painting on canvas and here's what she created:


Didn't she do a great job?  First, she used masking tape to make the letter "A" and then sponged on the colors with craft paint.

I've always wanted to try something completely and chalk pastels are totally out of my comfort zone but when I came across a video tutorial on Youtube (amazing what you can learn on Youtube!) on how to use them, I thought I'd give it a try.  Here's what I created:




This is the video that I followed to create the bird's nest.  I really enjoyed this experience and will be doing more with chalk pastels!  (I hope to get my son excited about this medium too!  Say a little prayer for me that he'll be open to the idea.  He says he's not "creative" and would love to show him otherwise.)





Are there other mediums you enjoy using and creating with?  I'm still a paper crafter through and through but I love trying something new, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment