Thursday, June 19, 2014

Stamp Factory and the Power of Handwritten Cards and Letters

I was reading a Guideposts magazine the other evening and came across an interesting article entitled Signed, Sealed and Delivered.  The author, Martha Williamson, spoke about how various handwritten letters had meant so much to her throughout her life.  And, the fact that in this day and age of technology, letters have kind of gone by the wayside.  However, a handwritten letter or card can be so moving and can touch lives in unexpected ways.

As I was reading this article, I was so excited to hear about people who still wrote letters!  And, to me, a hand stamped card can have the same effect on someone.  It can touch a life in a mysterious and unexpected way.  I love sending cards to friends and family just to let them know I'm thinking about them.

I had a friend tell me how much it meant to her that I sent her a card.  She said that she was the one usually doing the "sending" and it was so nice to be on the receiving end for once.

That's why I love Stampin' Up!  It's all about connecting with others, building friendships all around a common purpose of stamping.  It's the gift that keeps on giving!

I'm also trying to instill in my kiddos how important it is to send a handwritten thank you card when they receive gifts for their birthdays and/or Christmas.  Somewhere along the way, we've gotten away from handwriting letters and cards and I don't want my family to lose that.  These were Matthew's birthday thank you cards.


They were very simple but I think the message on the inside is what mattered.  Just the act of making, writing and sending a card was the important part. 

I hope you'll consider the power of a hand stamped card and give stamping a try!

In July, I'm starting a new class called Stamp Factory and together we'll be creating 8 cards (4 each of 2 designs) for $15 or FREE with a purchase of $20 or more.   This class was created with the beginner stamper in mind or for those who need lots of cards in a hurry!  (This class meets on the second Monday evening of every month in my home in West Fort Worth.)



Here are the 2 cards we'll be making in July:


For this second card, you'll have the choice of the following colors (Lost Lagoon shown in the picture):  Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Mossy Meadow.


Whether you make your own cards or not, don't forget the power of handwriting someone a letter or sending a quick note.  It just might just be the lift they need for that day! 

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment