Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's All About the Relationships

This past July I had the honor of speaking at the annual Stampin' Up! Convention and what an experience that was!  I have never spoken to such a large crowd before and to say that I was nervous is an understatement.  However, through all the preparation and practices, my prayer remained the same.  I asked God that even if one life is touched by what I have to say, then all the work (and nervousness) was worth it.

Well, have I got an answer to prayer to share with you!

I guess I should give you a quick summary of my presentation.  My topic was "gathering" and I focused on all the different ways that people gather together - in Bible study groups, coffee with friends, stamping groups, etc.  My message was clear - don't give up gathering together.  Being in community with others in small gatherings is where real change and personal growth can happen.  In the age of online communication and social media,  it's so important to meet and gather together - face to face.

After my presentation, I had a woman stop me and tell me that my presentation had inspired her.  I had no idea how much until I received the following email a couple days ago:

Hi Christi,

I'm the demo that spoke with you about how your presentation at convention touched me and inspired me to have a stamp class for some women I have stamped with for years but had not had a class for them in a few months.  One of the member's husband is losing his battle with cancer.  

Just wanted to follow up and say that I did contact those ladies right after convention and we had a class on July 30.  The member with the sick husband was able to come and we all had a great time together.  Her husband took a turn for the worse this past Saturday and they called in hospice.  Another friend called me today to say that he isn't expected to live through the night.  

I'm so grateful to you for nudging me to do this.  God truly was at work in your presentation.  I hope that other demos were as touched as I was.  Stamping really is about relationships!


WOW! See what I mean about an answer to prayer?  This is why I do what I do!  I can't begin to tell you how many friendships have come into my life because of Stampin' Up!.  Stamping cards and projects is what brings us together initially, but it's the support and encouragement of friends that keeps us coming back again and again!  So, don't give up gathering (and stamping) together!

No comments:

Post a Comment