Monday, October 13, 2014

Family Trip to Washington D.C. (an Incentive Trip from Stampin' Up!)

A few weeks ago, we had the amazing opportunity to spend a week in Washington, D.C.!  What better place to learn about history than in a city filled with history!  As a homeschooling mom, I love learning as we travel and when Stampin' Up! announced that one of the incentive trips was to D.C., I just knew I had to earn it so I could take the entire family!

I still can't believe how much we did in a week!  We averaged 4 to 5 miles of walking each day and that's even with riding the Metro around! 

National Geographic Museum
We saw a new exhibit about a dinosaur even more ferocious than T-Rex called Spinosaurus!


White House
The kids that it was very cool to see in person!



National Zoo
Love this picture of the aquarium at the zoo as we watched the sea lions swim by.




Washington Monument
We weren't able to get tickets to go inside the monument.  However, my tech-savvy husband found a live webcam online so we can see the view from the top of it any time!




Lincoln Memorial
I had forgotten how large the statue of Abraham Lincoln was until the kids and I stood beside it!




And, a highlight of any Stampin' Up! incentive trip....  PILLOW GIFTS!

The first pillow gift we received were cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes (aka D.C. Cupcakes on TLC).  Oh, they were SO yummy!  I think they really are the best cupcakes I've ever had (John said the same thing, too!).





The second night we received some of the new products from the upcoming Holiday Supplement!  Did you know that a new supplement begins on October 20th?  One of the products in the supplement is the Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit and I've put together two videos to show off this new product - a tutorial with tips and tricks for putting the stars together and a video with lots of samples and ideas for how to decorate the stars.  This adorable kit will create 26 stars in a wide variety of sizes!


The final pillow gift was a beautiful book all about the different monuments, memorials and museums in D.C.  I just couldn't resist sharing this silly picture of Allison holding the wrapped book.  She's so silly!


What a memorable trip!  We had such a great time exploring and learning all about D.C.  Thank you, Stampin' Up! for this amazing opportunity!  I'm already looking forward to our next adventure!  Where should we go next?

No comments:

Post a Comment