Saturday, October 8, 2016

Look What We'll Be Making in October

Cooler weather is finally here in Texas! Our mornings are nice and cool with sunshine and warmth in the afternoon. I just love this fall weather that is decided to finally come!

As October begins, I'm already looking forward to the next few months of making cards for some of my favorite holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas.

To kick off the fall holiday card making season, we'll be making the following cards this month during my monthly stamp classes.

 
Give Thanks
One of my all-time favorite verses is from 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus". So, when I saw the sentiment "In everything give thanks" from the Suite Sayings stamp set, I just knew I had to have it!



Tips for the Give Thanks card:


Thankful Grateful Blessed
So simple and yet so sweet!




Tips for Thankful Grateful Blessed:


Noel
When my friend Sharon created this card at our last stamping retreat, I just knew we had to make this card in class. I love it when all the stamps I use on a card are included in one stamp set (not from multiple stamp sets - although I do that sometimes, too). All stamps used are from the Christmas Pines stamp set.



Tips for Noel card:

  • The base is Real Red card stock and I stamped on Whisper White.
  • Classic ink colors used: Smoky Slate, Garden Green, Soft Suede, Black Memento Ink.

Are you as excited about the upcoming holidays as I am? I hope you'll make plans to join me at one of my monthly stamp classes and you'll be able to stamp these cards and be inspired by SO many more (my entire entry way wall is covered with card samples).

Happy Stamping,




No comments:

Post a Comment