Monday, April 2, 2018

Remembering and Helping a Special Friend

This is a hard blog post for me to write. Honestly, I wasn't even sure how to start it or where to begin and so I've been putting it off until now.

My long-time friend, customer and fellow stamper, Joanne, went to be with the Lord early in March. This was a shock to say the least. She had had health issues (don't we all?) but seemed to be on the mend after a stay in the hospital. She was home less than two weeks when she passed away.

Since that time, I've been helping the family sort through her things. She was an avid crafter and not just in paper crafts (I think that was her favorite, though.) She loved to make jewelry, stained glass, glass art and all sorts of other projects. She liked to make beautiful things and card making was her passion. She made hundreds of cards and donated them to many different organizations. She had been stamping with me for over 10 years and was one of my very first (and longest) customers.

I have since acquired boxes and boxes full of her Stampin' Up! stamps, paper, markers, embellishments, and punches. I also have some Tim Holtz dies as well as Cuttlebug accessories, a Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and Tim Holtz Vagabond Die Cutting Machine (I'm not sure it works though. Still have to test it.) 

With that being said, I am helping the family sell these items during a church-wide Rummage Sale at Central Christian Church (Fort Worth) on Saturday, April 14 from 8 am until 4 pm. 

If you or someone you know would be interested in these items (or  want to just come shop a BIG rummage sale), please help spread the word and share this event with your friends and family.


I took a few pictures of SOME of the products that will be for sale. (This isn't even half of the products. I just didn't have any more time to take pictures.)





















I know my friend would be happy to know that her crafting things will be put in the hands of others who like to make beautiful things, too!




1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. You are a good friend to do this for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete