Monday, July 9, 2012

Stampin' 101: Welcome!

I love stamping and when I was working with my intern Carol the other day when she told me that she had never stamped before.  She knew it had something to do with stamps and inks but wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  (And there's nothing better than to share my passion of stamping with "newbies"!)

So, I made it my goal to show her all of the ins and outs of stamping! Now she LOVES it!  (And she really gets into it (as you can see below).




The more we stamped and created, the more I realized that sometimes my blog posts assume that you, the reader, know about stamping.  But what if you're new to stamping?  Where do you begin?  This week of posts is all about you - my new stampers!!

What exactly is Stampin' Up!? 
Well, Stampin' Up! is what you make it! You can create cards, give gifts, scrapbook, create packages, and more! It is a creative outlet that lets you personalize gifts for friends and family. 

Looking at the Catalog can be overwhelming. There are so many things to look at and if you are anything like me you just want everything! But, I wanted to make things easier for you and give you a list of the 5 Essentials every Stamper needs to get started! Each day of this week I will be explaining why they are essential and how to use them! 

Here are the 5 Essentials that will be highlighted this week to help get you stamping:
-Stamps: Featured Tuesday
-Ink Pads: Featured Tuesday
-Paper: Featured Wednesday
-Trimmer: Featured Wednesday
-Adhesives: Featured Thursday

And for those of you who have been stamping for a while, what would you consider to be your top 5 items that every stamper needs? Help the "newbies" by leaving a comment with your top 5 below! 

Not only does Stampin' Up! allow you to make personalized cards and gifts it allows you to do so without breaking the bank. Some people see the prices in the catalog and think it is more expensive than buying pre-made cards. However, did you know that one package of Stampin' Up! cardstock could potentially make 40 cards when the cost of one store bought card is HALF the price of the entire cardstock package? Not only is there a monetary benefit, it is a ton of fun!

Do you have friends who may not know what stamping is about? Direct them here and check out the 5 for 5 deal! 

If you are ready to Stamp it Up!, Place an Order today!

No comments:

Post a Comment