Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Epic Day This and That Card, Journal and Bookmark

 I am having so much fun creating and designing with these new This and That products!  First, I worked on the journal.  I love the "honeycomb" impression on the front of the journal.  I didn't want to cover it up so I used just a few of the hexagon shapes from the Epic Day Designer Series Paper to add a little color.  (The hexagon shapes on the paper are a little larger than the shape on the album but I thought it still worked well.  I sure hope Stampin' Up! comes out with a hexagon punch soon!)


The sentiment on the front of the journal is one of the Epic Day Stickers.  I really like the variety and colors of the stickers.  I have to say, however, that my favorite new embellishment is the Epic Day Washi tape (I sure hope to see lots of new Washi tapes in the new catalog!).  Talk about easy to use!  Just stick it on!  I could so go crazy with this stuff!


The absolute best thing about this journal is the fact that the pages are made using heavy weight designer paper!  Usually, journal pages are white or vanilla and what's the first thing we do as paper crafters?  That's right!  We start decorating and adding designer paper!  No need to do that with this journal.  Just add stickers, Washi tape and your own creative touches!



I even decided to create a fun card with the paper and Washi tape.  The flower is from the Pop Up Posies Designer Kit (you'll notice that the bookmark also uses the flowers from this kit).  Love it!


The sentiment "Celebrate" comes from the Best of Birthdays stamp set and I stamped it with Black Staz On on one of the Epic Day stickers.


The last thing I created (so far!) with the Epic Day products is a fun bookmark to coordinate with the journal.  These little bookmarks are so much fun and easy to do with the Two Tags Die (along with the Big Shot Die Cutting machine).




I've even created a video tutorial for you on how to create this cute little bookmark!  
I hope you have been inspired to give the This and That product line a try!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment